The aula platform is open and available free of charge. It is installed individually for each school. You can get an idea of what this looks like at https://beta.aula.de . Please use the following access data:
The aula platform is very easy to use. How to handle the individual steps can be seen in our tutorial videos at any time. We are putting more and more of them online!
The aula App is out since February 2019. It is just as easy to use as the mobile version of the site. Additionally it stores passwords and can send notifications soon! Anyone can download the app. Only the schools that are registered with us can display their own platform.
In the Google Playstore you can find the app with the search term “aula App”, it is also available in the Apple’s Appstore.
Install aula yourself
The online platform for aula is open source, so it is already open and freely accessible for everyone. (License AGPLv3).
To install aula on your own server, you need:
- Someone who can act as a Linux system administrator.
- A Docker server
- A backup concept
We are currently looking for the possibility of central hosting so that individual schools do not have to install and host the software themselves. Current information will appear here. Furthermore there is the possibility to have the hosting managed by us. The costs vary depending on the support effort. If you are interested simply write an email to email@example.com .
The easiest way to run Aula is using Docker Compose following the steps:
- Download the latest release from Aula: https://releases.aula.de/latest.tar.bz2
2. Uncrompress the downloaded file on step 1 inside this repository folder.
$ tar xjvf latest.tar.bz2
This will create a www/ folder.
3. Run docker-compose command inside this repository folder:
$ docker-compose up
4. Access your local instance of Aula opening your browser at http://localhost:8082. You can select the school aula, username ‘admin’ with password ‘password’.